10 Things That Happened 10 Years Ago
Let’s take a trip down memory lane shall we… Here are 10 things that happened 10 years ago. Prepare to feel old…
1. The last season of Newlyweds. AKA the MTV reality television show that gave fans the chance to see the everyday marriage life between Jessica Simpson & Nick Lachey. The term “blonde moment” becomes insanely common in 2005, due to Jessica Simpson’s fair share of contributions. We all remember the “Chicken or Tuna” moment. We thought Nick wasn’t amused, but perhaps it was the other way around. Jessica Simpson filed for divorce in December of 2005. I could still cry. I am still crying. It just felt so perfect at the time.
2. ABC announced that they will no longer be airing “Monday Night Football”, and that it will be televised by ESPN starting in 2006. Apparently ABC was losing money during that telecast.
3. The Pussycat Dolls released the hit song, “Don’t Cha.” TALK ABOUT MY JAM. Every millennial girl sang these lyrics as if they were the one that wrote the song. A gentle (not) reminder to your ex boyfriend that he totally effed up.
4. It’s gettin’ hectic in here, it’s gettin’ CHAOTIC!” Britney Spears and her second husband, Kevin Federline, had their own five episode reality tv series called “Britney & Kevin: Chaotic.” Not going to lie, LOVED the song. STILL love the song (clearly).
5. Carrie Underwood won American Idol. And boy, oh boy, did that pay off. She is one of country music’s biggest superstars as of now.
A post shared by Carrie Underwood (@carrieunderwood) on
6. Rihanna released her FIRST single, “Pon de Replay,” which also made the Billboard Hot 100 that year.
7. The movie, “Mr & Mrs. Smith” took the world by storm. Hence, the love affair between Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie began. Or Brangelina, I should say. Buh Bye, Jenn(ifer Anniston)! (Shed a tear).
8. Michael Jackson was found not guilty of all 10 felony counts against him. The charges against him included: four counts of child molestation charges, one attempted child molestation charge, four counts of serving alcohol to a minor and one conspiracy charge.
9. Lil’ Kim got sentenced to prison. Sentenced to one year and one day in prison, and fined $50,000 as consequence for lying to a federal grand jury about her accounts of a shooting that took place in 2001. Let’s be real, the prison jumpsuit would just add to her list of outrageous outfits. The icing on the cake, if you will.
10. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn starred in the hit movie, “Wedding Crashers.” This wasn’t the first time that this duo made us laugh until we peed. It’s okay to admit it when it comes to this movie. Oh, and this movie only made women realize how potentially vulnerable we could be at weddings. DON’T FALL FOR THEIR TRAPS LADIES! Unless you’re feel in’ frisky of course… 😉
11. Oh and how could we forget? Hurricane Katrina. DON’T YOU REMEMBER THAT? THAT WAS INSANE and such a tragedy. It has been estimated that Hurricane Katrina cost more than $100 billion dollars of damage. Never forget <3